BUND BILDENDER KÜNSTLER LEIPZIG e.V.
- provides cross-generational support for artists
- effectively promotes the visual arts of the city and region of Leipzig through exhibitions, projects, cultural education, symposia and workshops
- cooperates closely with responsible offices, institutions, companies and other sponsors and is involved in cultural policy areas – including the development of the guideline on exhibition remuneration in the Saxony State Association of Fine Arts. The guideline, which is available in printed form, primarily serves as a guide and orientation aid for individual contract negotiations between exhibition organizers and artists.
- offers artists a lively and wide ranging forum for art and creativity as well as a springboard for regional and international work and exchange
- informs its members on legal and professional issues such as gallery and exhibition contracts, artists’ social security, business start-ups, public liability, copyright, VG-Bildkunst and much more, and organizes events with experts
- regularly transmits informations to members about current competitions, exhibitions, announcements, scholarships and art awards as well as the newsletters of the Landesverband Bildende Kunst Sachsen e.V. and the BBK
- supports artists in finding a studio, arranges contacts between landlords and artists, advises landlords and real estate owners and regularly communicates updated offers in the studio atlas on the homepage
- preserves Saxony’s artistic heritage, advises on questions of inheritance and bequest, cooperates nationwide with various pre- and posthumous initiatives and maintains a depot in Leipzig. He advises on the database of works of visual art in Saxony and supports the pilot project “Künstlernachlasssicherung” of the Koordinierungsstelle Künstlernachlässe (State Art Collections Dresden – Saxon State Office for Museums (SLfM))
- is represented in the International Society of Fine Arts, (IGBK), is a member of the largest professional association in Europe (BBK with approx. 10,000 members) and of the Landesverband Bildende Kunst Sachsen e.V.
- is supported by the Förderkreis BBK LEIPZIG e.V.
… is an association, whose number of members increases continuously
Become a member:
Admission for full membership according to the statutes is based on the admission criteria of the Bundesverband Bildender Künstlerinnen und Künstler e.V.
a) Admission is open to anyone who can prove that they have completed a university degree in the field of fine arts at a German art academy or comparable foreign institution.
b) Admission is open to anyone who can provide evidence of professional exhibition or publication activities or qualified artistic practice.
c) Admission is open to anyone who has been accepted by a BBK committee responsible for admission in accordance with the criteria described under a) and b).